Vertebroplasty needle – plastic handle
Vertebral compression fracture (VCF) refers to a break in any of the bones (vertebrae) of the spinal column. It usually occurs when the front of the vertebral body collapses and may be caused by:
- OSTEOPOROSIS: painful osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures without posterior wall involvement
- TRAUMA: painful vertebral compression fractures
- CANCER: treatment of osteolytic lesions located within the vertebral body with intact cortical shell
If conservative treatment is not enough, a cement augmentation procedure could be an effective treatment, reducing the risk of subsequent fractures.
Vertebroplasty is a very well established technique for treating back pain caused by severe osteoporosis or tumours with consequent loss of height or fracture of the vertebral body.
VERTEBROPLASTIC™ NEEDLE is used in Vertebroplasty procedures to inject cement into the vertebral body.
A coaxial biopsy can also be performed using our Vertebral Biopsy device.
- PLASTIC HANDLE
- ERGONOMIC GRIP WITH LOCKING SYSTEM
- THE ENHANCED DESIGN OF THE PLASTIC HANDLE ALLOWS EASY HANDLING OF THE NEEDLE
- TIP DIRECTION INDICATOR
- AISI 304 STAINLESS STEEL CANNULA AND STYLET
- BEVEL PLUS TIP
- GAUGES: 11G – 13G – 15G
- LENGTH: 100 mm – 120 mm – 150 mm