Orthobiologics are biological materials that orthopeadic surgeons use in modern orthopedic surgical practice to induce a quick injuries healing. To speed up the healing processes, orthopeadic surgeons can use:
– Mesenchymal Stem Cells. MSCs therapy is a form of regenerative medicine that utilizes the body’s natural healing ability to repair and regenerate damaged or diseased cells, tissues and organs.
There are two main sources of stem cells:
- Bone marrow: the iliac crest of the pelvic bone contains the highest concentration of bone marrow stem cells. Bone Marrow Concentrate can be used to accelerate the natural healing process and can be combined to other kind of bone substitute to create an enhanced bone graft.
- Adipose tissue: Adipose tissue has a high concentration of stem cells and is easy to harvest, through a less painful and minimally invasive technique with minimal risk to the patient, so is often preferred for MSCs therapy.
Our Orthobiologics product line offers two solutions to harvest high qualitative Bone Marrow Concentrate mesenchymal stem cells (BMC-MSCs) and Adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells indicated for several applications, such as: orthopaedics, maxillofacial surgery, spinal surgery, pain therapy, vulnotherapy, plastic and reconstructive surgery, general/urogynaecological surgery.
– Bone grafts. Bone grafts are often used as matrix material.
We provide two types of bone substitute to obtain different kind of bone grafts:
- Autograft: our bone marrow biopsy devices Unlux, Fully Remove, Totally Remove can be used to harvest an autologous bone graft from the patient, commonly from the pelvis or the femur.
- Biological bone substitute, such as calcium phosphate. Calcium phosphate eliminate the pain and other risks involved with having extra harvesting steps.
Our Orthobiologics product line offers two solutions to perform minimally-invasive percutaneous access to treat Subchondral Bone Marrow Lesions (BMLs) and Metaphyseal fracture reduction by the balloon augmentation technique and the usage of truly biological cement.